Monday, October 1, 2012

Süda-A Feast for Your Eyes and Your Taste Buds

Warning-Reading this post will make you hungry.
 

 
 
 
 
 Since moving to Santa Cruz I have been fortunate to taste some of the freshest food in my life. It is almost as if it is taken straight from the farm to your table and in the case of Süda in Capitola, it is! I have been lucky enough to not only dine on their delicious food, but I have also had the opportunity to photograph some of their menu items and hopefully more to come in the future.
 
The menu that Süda has created since opening this past summer is as eclectic as their decor. Creative, rustic, farm fresh but with an edge. I had the opportunity try a few items and so did my husband and we were both in love! The Ahi Tower was a first for me to try and man was it tasty. The appetizer is stacked Ahi with avocado, wonton crisps with a delicious sauce and a cute little wasabi shaped leaf. The Lettuce Wrap appetizer with rice noodles, chicken and of course lettuce was so good. The chicken was light not fried, the Thai-chili sauce I could eat by the gallon and of course, the produce is from their farm in Corralitos close to Santa Cruz. I opted for the peanut free version because of an allergy, but it did not disappoint. My husband also really loved the fish tacos. Although it is considered a small plate dish, the fresh fish and savory black beans were enough to fill him up.

I have heard people rave about their cocktails, but I am more of a wine kind of girl. Their wine list is also local and was reasonably priced. I would love to see more pinot noir varietals (hint hint), but the Alfaro pinot I had went perfectly with my light Greek salad.  For a Friday night they were pretty packed early in the evening and the bar did get a little loud so I may opt to dine outside on their heated patio if returning on a weekend night. All in all I am very impressed with what Süda has to offer and I look forward to eventually eating… I mean photographing everything I can sink my eyes into.

Bon Appétit!
www.angelaaurelio.comhttp://www.angelaaurelio.com/#!home/mainPage
 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment